Forum Challenge no. 38 “Happiness and Laughter”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Challenge no. 38 “Happiness and Laughter”

Running from Friday 2nd December 2011 to Midnight Thursday 15th December 2011

“Happiness and Laughter”

I know there are lots of great markets around, especially at this time of year, lots of happy people around despite difficult times. So maybe this could be a street candid or someone you know (as long as it’s not ‘posed’) it could also be something that makes you happy or brings a smile to your face at “this time of year”. Anyway, I see this subject as having many possibilities and I hope you do too. May be this will encourage more people to participate and have fun.

As has been said before, I will not be going into depth with my judging but simply choosing 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the basis of how much I like the picture.

Good luck

Graydon

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • The period of the competition shall be 14 days and the judge will state the start and finish dates
    • One Picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Please use a Canon DSLR.
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started, or after the competition has ended, will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors)
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a brief description, and title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, no comments, on images until the round is over.
    • No canvassing e.g. “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • The guest ‘judge’ will pick 1st 2nd 3rd favourite images (Please don’t PM them to discuss their choices).
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: Forum Challenge no. 38 “Happiness and Laughter”

A little bump for the week ahead!

Comment

First off the mark - not like me

ef-r

Comment

bump .
        Last edited by jack38; 06-12-2011, 10:04. Reason: read the rules

Comment

In Keeping with the season

Comment

A bump for the weekend...

Comment

Only a few days to go now...

Comment

Ok, it's posed but it made me smile as it meant Father Christmas had arrived in town!

Drool.

Rudolph? by jackielclements, on Flickr

Comment

Someone made the proverbial pig's-ear of this!!

This cheered me up and made me laugh..... My daughter gave some choccy bars in a mug as a birthday gift, but couldn't work out why the mug was so incredibly cheap!! The penny eventually dropped.....

Perhaps I should have borrowed a Nokin to take this shot.....

You'd never guess where the mug was made.

Cheers, Chris.
                  Just chuggin' along.

Comment

A few hours left!

Comment

No-one laughs like a pantomime witch:

2011-12-05 20-23-46 - IMG_7900 by chriswolverson, on Flickr
                      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Wow – Thank you to everyone who entered. A super set of photos and, as always, really difficult to choose a winner.

My thoughts about each:

#1, Briansquibb. The crisp focus and an excellent portrait made this one an instant favourite for me.

#2, Tesarver. Just when I thought #1 was the one to beat along comes a really special image encapsulating the time of year together with two cute little ones bound to make you smile.

#3, jackieLclements. An immediate hit with all the girls in my house mixing the ‘aah factor’ with loads of smiles.

#4 ChrisJ. I have to agree with Chris, it did make me chuckle – I thought it said Nikon when I first glanced at it!

#5 Woolley. With just minutes to go this final picture came in and I’m really glad as it made my job even more difficult with another excellent capture – but I forgive you

Again I’m no expert judge so this is just my gut feel, and as they were so close I’m just picking 1st and 2nd with honours equal below them.

So....

First place Tesarver

Second place Briansquibb

Well done!

Comment

Well done, Tom. Well done, Brian. And thanks, Graydon, for setting the subject and judging it so speedily. A nice Christmassy lot of pics.
                          Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesgj View Post
                            With just minutes to go this final picture came in
                            I'd completely forgotten until I saw your reminder, so thanks for that. I'd even had the competition in mind when I was shooting the panto thinking 'I should be able to get a good one from this'!

The right winner, though. Imaginative, attractive and very seasonal. Not only is it a really good image it exactly sums up the brief. Well done
                            Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Once again, I am honored and surprised that mine was selected as I thought Woolley had posted winning shot. . Thanks Graydon for setting the subject & for judging the photos. I will be posting the next challenge in a couple of days.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X