Cowes week advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowes week advice please.

Hello everyone, I wonder if some of the more southern members could offer me some advice?

I have to spend a week in Southampton with work. This will co-incide with Cowes week being held on Isle of Wight. My, at present provisional, schedule gives me at least a couple of afternoons free. I thought that I could take in some of the racing taking place on the water.

I've done a bit of googling and am quite confused with the results! I am looking for a boat of some sort that will take me out into the middle of the action. There seem to be a lot of very expensive corporate hospitality packages available, but I won't be on expenses for this trip! Finding a trip out just to keep up with the yachts is proving a bit hard. As I will be in Southampton as opposed to Cowes itself the main trips seem to be all day gin palaces.

Do any of our southern members have any knowledge of tourist type boat trips/cruises from Southampton that don't cost a small fortune and are not given over to "hospitality"? Morning trips won't be possible due to work, but afternoon trips are what I'm after.

Obviously I accept that I won't have the boat to myself but assuming that the bods from HSE are watching the boats won't be so overcrowded that I won't get some decent shots off!

Can anyone help, and point me to an appropriate website?

Many thanks

Sara W.
Working...
X