Lens Correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens Correction

I thought my 55-210 Tamron was not spot on so I've just found time to test it as per the July-September issue - it needed a +10 correction on my 50D.
    I'll check my other lenses now.
    Thanks!
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Lens Correction

were any of your other lens needing correction?
    ef-r

Comment

Hi, Brian, Can you tell me where to find this article, on which page, ???if the Canon autofocus is so good why are your pics out, and how did you judge the result. ??? PRINT ,? maybe that the moden digital has TOO MANY points, the camera always chooses the nearest object
      Maybe we should select THE A/focus point, in the old days when I had a LIECA rangefinder camera I focused on the subject with a split image and was always correct. pic,s also when in Bridge the LENS CORRECTION , my pic,s jump like a slide in a hot projector, ????does this mine are out of focus. Ihave noticed some are more than others , .??????does the said article corrects the inbuilt lens fault,
      I also at the moment use TAMRON, on a 50d
      BEST WISHES BEN

Comment

I'll check my other lenses now.
        I have found that zoom lenses are a little more difficult to micro-adjust, so I concentrated on the focal lengths within the zoom range that were most important to me.

With my prime lenses, I got into the habit of de-focussing the lens to the left and then autofocussing, then de-focus to the right and then autofocussing. That gets over any potential bias within the focussing mechanism. With most of the bodies now that have micro-adjust, they also have the higher density rear screens, so up the magnification by 10x and you can pretty much zero things in on the rear screen, or live view. A couple of final shots to view on the computer, more as a comfort than anything else, and you are ready to go.

Bear in mind that micro-adjust is only really important if you always/regularly shoot wide open. Stop the lens down by one or more stops and depth of field kicks in, which is why it is mostly unnecessary. But the comfort factor of knowing your kit is 100% accurate, does inspire confidence.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

which Tamron are u using

Comment

Originally posted by SNOWBIRD View Post
            the camera always chooses the nearest object
            Not so - you choose which focus point the camera uses. Only if you let the camera choose does it choose the nearest point.
            See from Page 86 in the 50D manual

Originally posted by SNOWBIRD View Post
            Can you tell me where to find this article, on which page, ???
            See Page 180 in the 50D Manual

Regards

Brian
            ef-r

Comment

Hi, Brian, Can you tell me where to find this article, on which page, ???if the Canon autofocus is so good why are your pics out, and how did you judge the result.

----------------------------------------------------------
              bones dvd season 7
              californication dvd season 5

Comment

Having upgraded my firmware, and so playing around with custom settings, I thought this would be a good time to look at micro adjustment of my lenses. Having shot a test image against a chart with each lens I've discovered some disturbing results. They're all spot on. This means any duff photos are my own fault. Damn.
                Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

This means any duff photos are my own fault. Damn.
                  So very unsatisfactory!

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X