Recent EOS mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent EOS mag

I have just received my copy of the Oct - Dec 2014 mag and I am going to enjoy reading it,cover to cover. A quick look at the contents and I note that it has got techniques,custom focussing and me and my camera.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Recent EOS mag

the reader spread is particularly impressive - well done James

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

it takes a while to get here, but looking forward to it
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I had a quick flick through this morning and was pleased to see James' article in there. That'll be the first article I read later.
        Canon 5DMKII | Canon 550D | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 35 f/2 IS USM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | Speedlite 430EX II | 2x Yongnuo YN-622C | MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 | Lightroom 5 | Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod | Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400W | Flickr | 500px | Website

Comment

it takes a while to get here
          well there has to be some drawbacks Ian.

Good article James interesting to read how you achieved the images.
          Andrew

Comment

Just had a chance to look at my copy this morning. Really like the content in there - the readers section is indeed very good.
            I'm a user of all kinds of Canon equipment. I write articles for magazines, teach photographers & make photos
            www.p4pictures.com

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments - I think ' Me and my camera' may become a regular feature of the EOS Magazine if enough readers like it.
              If so, I expect a few of you regular forum members to be contacted some time in the near future and invited to be interviewed and to show a range of your work
              Cheers
              James
              James Boardman Woodend
              www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

I've just subscribed,looking forward to reading James spread.

Comment

I would be interested to know your thoughts on it Dave
                  James
                  James Boardman Woodend
                  www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

I forgot to mention the equipment used by James. They are very carefully chosen but not as numerous as one might have thought.Certainly an encouragement to folk like me that one doesn't need every lens that are advertised or persuaded by peer pressure to buy. Think logically and get only those that you really need.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

agree with all the above comments

Comment

Thinking logically I only need one lens for most of the photography I do. But my bank manager (wife) and Canon won't shift on the price of the 200-400L so I have to stick with my 400 a while longer :-)

p.s. has anyone else lost the emoticons?
                        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
                          Thinking logically I only need one lens for most of the photography I do. But my bank manager (wife) and Canon won't shift on the price of the 200-400L so I have to stick with my 400 a while longer :-)

p.s. has anyone else lost the emoticons?
                          but it HAS come down in price LOL....

My wife told me i lost my emoticons years ago, seems the forum has caught up ;o).... but yep gone, cut backs ??
                          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

[QUOTE=p.s. has anyone else lost the emoticons?[/QUOTE]

Smilies were disabled in this category. Not sure why. Now back in use.

You need to be in 'Go Advanced' to see them.

I have done a quick check of other categories and they all seem to have smilies available. Let me know if I have missed one.
                            Robert
                            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

[ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Working...
                              X