digital magazine and article searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital magazine and article searching

as a long time magazine subscriber I thought it would be handy to pay the one off fee for access to the digital mag.back issues,
    the main reason being the article search facility.

If the digital mag is only web based ( I assume to prevent copying ) how does the search work ?
    can you just put in a search box eg , ' histogram ', all the articles from the magazines will be listed and then you
    have to manually request to load each one individually ?

ps if the digital mag is only web based with no save option I think I'll hang on to my magazines just in case !

Re: digital magazine and article searching

When you search, the results appear on the left side of the window. They show a thumbnail of the actual page, plus a short extract of the text which contains the word. When you click on a thumbnail you are taken to the actual page where the word is highlighted.

You can set the search to look at just the open issue, or all the available issues. I have just typed 'histogram' in my account, with all eight issues available, and it returned 33 finds. It helps to be more specific. Searching for "RGB histogram" (use quotes to search for a phrase) gave four finds.

You can't view the magazine offline, but you can print selected pages for reference.

I will be shortly be adding a further eight editions of EOS magazine (all of 2007 and 2008).

There is further information about the digital edition at: http://www.eos-magazine.com/Magazine...subscript.html
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

thanks for the quick reply Robert.

sounds like a lot of thought has gone into the digital format , excellent.

and many thanks for compiling the back issues , must take a lot of time.

I'm looking forward to a few less trips to the attic to find that ' I'm sure I've seen that somewhere ' article. !

Comment

I subscribed for the same reason.

The back articles persuaded me to get a 5d II
        ef-r

Comment

You can't view the magazine offline, but you can print selected pages for reference.

----------------------------------------------------
          castle season 3 dvd
          covert affairs season 2 australia

Comment

Working...
          X