Birds most Popular Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birds most Popular Forum

Just looking through the latest edition of EOS Magazine, I see on the Forum page that birds are the most popular subject, I've never noticed this before. Looking at back issues this seems to have been the case from quite some while back.
    I can't believe this I would have thought it would have been a toss up between Landscape and Portrait. How is this arrived at?
    I know, I and a few others put up bird and other wildlife pictures, however I've always been under the impression that bird photography is a somewhat frowned upon subject.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Seems right to me Trev...

Over the time I've been a member of this forum the Birds page always seemed to have the highest number of posts waiting whenever I dropped in although, that said, it does appear to have tailed off significantly of late - these days it looks like you are the only one keeping it going...

PS Current count is 106,273 which does look to be the biggest single section...
    Last edited by El Sid; 25-09-2023, 11:50.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
      Seems right to me Trev...

Over the time I've been a member of this forum the Birds page always seemed to have the highest number of posts waiting whenever I dropped in although, that said, it does appear to have tailed off significantly of late - these days it looks like you are the only one keeping it going...

PS Current count is 106,273 which does look to be the biggest single section...
      Hi Sid, looking at the number of post I suppose it is the most popular topic overall. I was looking at it from the current period since the last magazine came out.
      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

The forum has certainly changed from the old days of Stan and Jeff at war with each other lol, I fear most forums are now dying due to lack of posters, soshul meeja has polished it off, just a few old luddites satill clinging to the wreckage these days, be it fishing, of wildlife, even the rugby forums are quieter now, model railways still seems to be quite vibrant, but those characters are well dodgy, especially that burnie bloke.
        Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
          The forum has certainly changed from the old days of Stan and Jeff at war with each other lol, I fear most forums are now dying due to lack of posters, soshul meeja has polished it off, just a few old luddites satill clinging to the wreckage these days, be it fishing, of wildlife, even the rugby forums are quieter now, model railways still seems to be quite vibrant, but those characters are well dodgy, especially that burnie bloke.
          Yes it’s certainly not the same here now as when I joined. I suppose people got their reasons for drifting away or leaving.
          I remember a few years back I met someone who was on the Forum, he is no longer. His only topic of conversation was about the number of views he got compared with comments he got for his pictures which were considerably lower. It was obviously a major issue for him and he seem to disappear from the Forum a short time after.
          Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Some folk think the "like" button makes folk lazy, but I "like" something only if I do like it, I'm not one to offer much in the way of critique, not too sure all my work is that great. I like the animal/bird in it's habitat, I like going out into the wild and using a bit of skill to find things. Sometimes it is just down to patience, sitting for hours, putting in the hours, but that is what I like, if I get a picture or some film, then great.
            Some folk like to get those birds on a twig shots and I have done plenty, but they are not the be all and all for me. I certainly wouldn't get all upset like some of our old members used to, each to their own, beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.
            No idea what we could do to improve the amount of posting/commenting, thing is younger toggers are all using phones and tablets and are on soshul meeja rather than buying Canon products and coming on forums now.

Comment

Social media forums are easier to find ….I must admit that I’ve been looking at Facebook which has multiple Canon camera and lens pages….lots fulfilling the same role as on here with google questions and answers.
              another aspect is the idea of a continuous feed of Facebook ….it sounds lazy but the simple context of being fed is more digestible than searching out content in a traditional forum.
              just my thoughts
              it’s not the reason I’ve gone quiet on here…just lost my mojo.
              ​​​​​​….but it’s on the way back…oh yes!
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I’m still here and will be doing some postings when I get back home, I’m currently in foreign parts. it has been a busy time at home too so there’s been less time to join in.

I’ve noticed for a while that the postings are getting less, hopefully it’s just one of the phases these things go in and will pick up in time.

Ian
                Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

I was not complaining about the Forum. It was just an observation that I got wrong as El Sid pointed out to me. I based my original comment on the number of bird photos submitted since the last EIS Magazine to those of Landscape and portrait.
                  Personally I think it’s an excellent Forum (I’m not on any others) together with the magazine. Top marks to Robert and his team who put and keep it all together
                  Trev

Flickr:

Comment

I regularly post on around two dozen different forums, used to moderate on one of them to help out running it in the days when it was swamped by spammers, fishing, rugby, wildlife, gardening are the main ones, only on this photographic one these days though. Then there's flickr and youtube, I meet up with some of the members and have a day out, so it's not just virtual for me, we do have social meets, or at least we did bc(that's before covid not christ lol)

Comment

Working...
                    X