Photoshop Elements software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop Elements software

Admittedly, Literoom and Photoshop (full version) are the most widely used post-processing software. However, Most likely there are many readers that use the "poor man's" Photoshop version which is "Elements" I have never seen any articles relative to PS Elements, whereas LR and PS receive quite a bit of attention from the EOS magazine editing staff. How about a page (or two) of guidance for PSE users in each issue of EOS Magazine?
    EOS 5D MK IV, EF 50/f1.4, EF 100/f2.8 Macro, EF20/f2.8, EF24-105/f4L IS, EF 100-400/f4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E24/f3.5L, EF 75-300/f4-5.6, Canon Extender EF 2X II, Sigma 12-24mm/f4.4-5.6.

That’s me ‘Poor Man’ I got Photoshop Elements 10 and DPP. Hardly ever use them don’t see the need for anything else.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      That’s me ‘Poor Man’ I got Photoshop Elements 10 and DPP. Hardly ever use them don’t see the need for anything else.
      Same as me Trev. I only got PSE 19; You could call me perhaps "nouveau riche" :-)
      Vasilis
      EOS 5D MK IV, EF 50/f1.4, EF 100/f2.8 Macro, EF20/f2.8, EF24-105/f4L IS, EF 100-400/f4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E24/f3.5L, EF 75-300/f4-5.6, Canon Extender EF 2X II, Sigma 12-24mm/f4.4-5.6.

Comment

I use affinity photo for editing so am I middle class :wink:

Comment

I have Photoshop Elements which I usually upgrade every 2 to 3 years, and am currently using the 2023 version. I also have Light Room, Luminar, and Photoshop CS6. CS6 from my astro imaging days where I needed some the 'tools' that Elements didn't have. After 12 years of astro-imaging, I gave up the hobby when I moved in 2015, from a 'dark sky' rural village to one with light pollution. I find that Elements provides me with al the 'tool's I need for my photography, whereas CS6 is 'over kill, and I no longer use it. The early versions of Elements, were somewhat lacking, but the later version be became quite comprehensive, and as a serious amateur photographer, fully meet my needs.
          Last edited by Dave_S; 17-07-2023, 15:14.
          Dave

Comment

We haven't read any response from the EOS Magazine staff with regard to my proposal for some "PS Elements" guidance. There are several specific hacks that it is impossible to know about unless someone "tips you off". I have heard from several PSE users that they are actually using a very small part of its possibilities, due to lack of knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by Epicuros View Post
              We haven't read any response from the EOS Magazine staff with regard to my proposal for some "PS Elements" guidance. There are several specific hacks that it is impossible to know about unless someone "tips you off". I have heard from several PSE users that they are actually using a very small part of its possibilities, due to lack of knowledge...

I don’t think you should expect them to. EOS Magazine is a ‘Canon’ magazine and in my opinion they give good coverage to DPP which in the past I’ve found very useful. If you expect them to cover PS then someone else would want them to cover Lightroom, plus the numerous other software programmes on the market. No offence but there are idiot guides to PS.
              Last edited by Trev B; 22-08-2023, 07:57.
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Perhaps you are right Trev, but Lr and Ps are frequently dealt with in EOS mag. Yes, there are several Youtube "idiot" tutorials (some good ones too) but I am not so happy with most of them, also as regards sound quality, (unfamiliar accents, etc). I guess I must forget about a response, let alone articles on PSE.

Comment

Working...
                X