Friars Mill and River Soar revisited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friars Mill and River Soar revisited.

I returned to the spot yesterday to retake some shots,and to add one showing the curve of the river
    IMG_0149 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    IMG_0145 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Well it's different............... Not necessarily better as the vertical struts of the bridge detract from the curve, IMHO.

But thanks for putting up with us all cropping, trimming and tweaking your image. it shows you have got something of interest !

Do you prefer this shot (0145 ) ?
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Short of visiting there late at night and planting a block of C4 explosive,there's nothing more I can do regarding the bridge.You asked to see more of the river bank and curve and that's what I've done!

Yesterday was the second time I visited the area in less than a week,before that is was over twenty years ago,so what with that and the sheer amount of cyclists and joggers all using a very narrow path,I won't be going back in the forseeable future.

I tried to take on board all the ideas/suggestions regarding cropping and can't do any more.It added to my knowledge of composition,so I guess that's a bonus.

I'm now looking towards the lock-down ending so I can get further afield again.and yes,I do prefer that image.

Comment

Very nice Roy, second shot is definitely an improvement in composition.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Comment

2nd image for me.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom,I like that one too.

Comment

Working...
              X