First Attempt last night 8/24/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Attempt last night 8/24/2013

I have dreamed of taking these pictures for years just didn't have what it took to do so. Though I still did not have the optimal conditions/equipment I made due with what I had and viola! So here is the skinny on what I used and how.
    All Photos were taken in a heavy light pollution area so ambient light is going to happen and add some factors to combat.

Photo #1,2,&3
    Canon 600D Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
    ISO400
    17mm
    f/2.8
    30sec exp.
    Manual Exposure

The softness is very apparent in this pictures, I apologize they tend to soften greatly when the image size is reduced so, I will continue to try to fix that issue.
    Attached Files

Re: First Attempt last night 8/24/2013

Not bad at all

Tom

Comment

Agree with Tom, not bad at all great effort.

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Might have to go outside on a clear night and give this a go. Never tried this.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

I love Astrophotography. I just wish it wasn't cloudy all the time. Going to make a visit to the dark sky park in Scotland soon when I get my Tokina 11-16 2.8. Good show in the pics :)
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Great first attempt, well done
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thank you tom!

Comment

Thanks much Paulstw, These were taken in an area that is not very dark at all! I was so blown away that the Milky Way cloud just faintly appeared. Soon I will make the trip to a dark sky location myself. Hopefully there will be something To reference the sky against. The area I live in is covered in tall trees. Unfortunately that limits my wide angle perspective drastically. I will post some moon pictures soon, I just got a couple of new lenses and have been on a photo shooting rampage trying to break in the lenses and figure it all out.

Comment

Thanks Hereford EOS

Comment

Working...
                  X