Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Object in Sky

Hi,

I am new to this forum and from New Zealand. I have a 70D upgrading to it from a 30D.

I took the attached image last week in Wanaka, NZ looking north west.

When I got back I saw what appeared to be a dust spot, cropping and enhancing in Picasa the spot appeared to be more spherical. Has anyone seen anything like this before?. I suspect the moon was not visible to the naked eye, but the sensor picked it up.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
    Attached Files

Re: Object in Sky

Hello pgarch; welcome to the forums...

Doesn't look like a UFO to me; just a regular dust-bunny, or possibly a spot on the lens or filter (if you have one attached)

There's no reason why it should still be there; it may well have been shaken off in an auto sensor-clean, but try shooting a blue sky with an aperture of f/22 and see what transpires. That should show up any dust-bunnies on the sensor...

Cheers;

Lee
    Cheers;
    Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Welcome to the forum ... I have no idea what 'it' is ... ... apart from dust.
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I would do as Lee suggested, as it looks like dust on the sensor.

Tom

Comment

We are not alone!!!!!!!
          Looks like a dust bunny, Even if it was a ufo and there's plenty of prove that they do exist, nobody would believe you

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Hi Lee,
            Strange - it seems to echo the light and shadow that's on the moon - could it be internal reflection between various lens interfaces - could also explain the coloration due to optimal path differences etc.
            Just a thought !
            James
            James Boardman Woodend
            www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Working...
            X