Moon Crescent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon Crescent

I thought the moon was looking particularly pretty today - not sure how it is in the UK but this is what it looks like in Brisbane

Hope you like it

Andy

5D3 x 400mm x 2iii @ 1/125 x f11 @ ISO 800

Last edited by AndyMackie; 14-12-2013, 13:56.

Re: Moon Crescent

Hi Andy

I think you posted the HTML code, not the BBCode. Picture not showing!

Mike
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Yes I did - I'm struggling to find the BB code on the new fangled flickr...any advice, Mike?
      Thanks
      Andy

Edit - got it, oops!

Comment

Looks the same here Andy, and you should also be seeing Venus shining brightly near by.

A lot of people mistake it for star, in fact it gets called "the evening star".

Dave
        Dave

Comment

Waw ... I love that Andy ..
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

I like it Andy - the lens/extender combination is really impressive. Were you as gutted as I was when comet ISON disintegrated? I was really hoping for something spectacular.
              Russell
              Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Russel, yes I was - I was really looking forward to capturing a good comet.

Wayne/Di, thanks for the encouragement - always appreciated!

Dave, I confess that I gt it confused with Jupiter and wondered if the moons were behind or in front of the visible light, so your advice that the "star" I saw was Venus is encouraging - only my second planet! Still leaps and bounds to go before I attain the dizzy heights of your wonderful andromeda galaxy but for what its worth, here's venus on the same night :-(

Andy

20131206-BNE_9806.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X