Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M42 Orion Nebula

Originally posted by Paul Beacham View Post
    Thanks for all the encouraging comments, for those that asked for further details here we go. My process starts with obtaining the images this Is done by attaching the telescope and camera which is on a Equatorial mount , this itself is guided through a webcam type camera and software, once the images are taken I then take a number of darks , images at the same ISO setting and duration as the images, using software these are subtracted from the main images and the images are stacked together this process helps to reduce the inherent noise. I then move the image int photoshop where I adjust it using levels and curves, it could take half an hour or a couple until I'm happy with the final image.
    Equipment I use is , Altair Astro 102 triplet telescope , canon 600d , Astronomik CLS filter ( cuts down light pollution), mounted on NEQ6 mount and various software , but it can be done for a lot less and with just as good results.
    This sounds pretty complicated and expensive, but your image is excellent and well done

Tom

Comment

Working...
    X