More stardust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More stardust

Taken last night from Wellington, New Zealand.

There was a bit of aurora activity happening last night, not sure if the haze is that or air glow.

Better image on here

Attached Files

Re: More stardust

Excellent - is that a single shot or a stacked one ? Either way - very nicely done.
    James
    James Boardman Woodend
    www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Oh to be away from light pollution, Brilliant image thanks for sharing

Alan

Comment

Very nice image indeed. Due to light pollution it's not something I'd seen till visit to Isle of Skye recently. The lodge wed rented was in isolated spot and we spent time staring up at a view a bit like this.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Really nice and the comments wishing for less light polution are something I empathise with. I live on the coast and look out on an inky blackness yet there is still far too much light from the town to see anything as nice as this and the only times I really have had a clean view of the Milky Way have been while camping in Cornwall. On my trips to Scotland I've also been denied by it simply not getting dark enough; I've taken hand-held no-flash photographs at well gone 11pm!

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Thank you very much everyone!

The picture is a single shot of 25 seconds at 3200 f/2.8 at 14mm, I think. You can check the 500px link for details.

I did adjust the contrast and usual light adjustments, but no colour changes.

Give it another month or so, the galactic core should be visible at a reasonable time (currently 3.30am) and lower on the horizon, so I should be getting some better picture, hopefully!

During May and June, I'm going to be back in the UK, so I will be missing out as well, if that makes any of you feel better!

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for that info Bruce - I'll look you up on 500px as I also have a portfolio of images on there
              James
              James Boardman Woodend
              www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Nicely captured

You even have both the Large and Small Magellenic Clouds showing up very clearly in the 'shot'.

Had the pleasure of seeing these a few times on my trips to Oz.

Dave
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X