Lovejoy Smudge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovejoy Smudge

I know it is only a smudge - but it is my smudge.
    I know the background should be much darker - but in Birmingham when the moon is up the sky does not go black and with out any PS then this is what you get.
    I know that it is not well placed in the frame - but it was the best I could do last night. Might try again at some suitable time before Lovejoy disappears for the next 8,000 years.
    I also know there are members of this forum that are well versed in the arts of astrophotography but I thought I would share my dismal efforts with you.
    "C- must try harder"

smudge.jpg

En(Love)joy

David

Re: Lovejoy Smudge

I haven't even been able to see it with binoculars so to achieve such a result you should be rightly pleased

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement John.
      I have the benefit of a 6" scope that I can attach my camera to. You can find out where the comet is each day at http://astronomynow.com/2015/01/06/s...y-at-its-best/ .
      Apparantly Lovejoy is still visible with binoculars but I guess that is a difficult operation.
      Good hunting!
      David

Comment

Thanks David, I'll have another try.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

C+ or even B- either way it's better than my D.
          Russell
          Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Thanks Columbarius

Comment

Nice David, much better than mine as I not even tried attempting it yet. So well done.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                I not even tried attempting it yet. Tom
                Thanks Tom - "?yet" - so have a go before it goes off on its 8,000 year journey

David

Comment

Working...
                X