Ship upon the Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship upon the Horizon

Part of a 360 I've just made this week at Cape Palliser on the bottom of the North Island of New Zealand. Used a Canon 6d with a Samyang 14mm. 43 shots in total.

Ship Upon the Horizon-1.jpg

500px here:

and the complete 360

Last edited by Bruiser; 07-09-2016, 23:11.

Re: Ship upon the Horizon

Just had a look online and that is soooo impressive. Excellent work

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Fantastic result Bruiser - I'm assuming you stacked individual tiles before stitching?

Comment

Thanks John and Enigma.

Pictures have a bit of editing in Lightroom, no stacking. I've never tried stacking and have no idea how it is done, so I will have to investigate

Comment

Ah - my mistake then Bruiser - assumed you had taken multiple exposures of each tile (for the sky anyway) and then stacked them in order to capture the stars without too much noise or drift. Whatever technique you used it's a great image. I particularly like the light on the rocks from the lighthouse.

Comment

Well done ++

Tom

Comment

Great shot

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks everyone!

The technique I use is shoot in manual, expose as well as I can with as much detail in the most contrast bit of the scene, then use the same settings to do the whole 360. Import into Lightroom, select all pictures and edit the same settings to all pictures, output Tiff's. Load into Hugin, make pano and output tiff and re-edit in Lightroom again, also any select area editing now. Then sort any fine editing in photoshop, such as warping bad stitches and resize image to a ratio of 2:1. Output again and change the metadata to Ricoh Theta S and upload to Facebook.

It take a while to produce these

Comment

WOW that is a cracker of a shot/shots

Comment

Damned impressive as always, your night skies are so magnificent....
                    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                    X