Hollow tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollow tree

This was taken in a local forest - there are a lot of such places in Warsaw. My main aim was for autumn colours, but this one suited B&W I think. I wanted to get the texture of the bark and have that stand out against the leaves and the darker trunks in the backgorund. The image was converted to B&W in PSE6.

Tv 1/30
    Av 9.5
    ISO Speed 200
    Lens 10.0 - 20.0mm Sigma
    Focal Length 10.0mm

WDYT

cheers
    Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Re: Hollow tree

It's a well composed shot, but I feel it's a little over-exposed, which tends to detract from the moody atmosphere. Have you tried lowering the exposure?

Comment

Thanks for your feedback Rob. It looks a little overexposed because I used the infra red setting in PSE6 in the B&W conversion. I kinda liked the effect.The important thing for me was getting the texture on the trunk and not to make the image look muddy! Perhaps though, in using this setting it has made everything look over-exposed.
      Here is version 2, darkened a bit.

here is a 3rd version:

ref:3 The original was in Raw - converted to monochromatic and filter effect green (in DPP) - then converted and saved, opened in PSE6, lightened a little as it was a bit dark, used a warm up filter setting 85, density @25% to give it a bit more atmosphere. Any better??
      Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

Yes, I like the third version best. It looks warmer and has much better exposure. Nice one.

Comment

I think the 3rd one too! I think I commented on another of your posts and talked about a B&W conversion. Cracking effort, again an ND Grad would help balance the sky with the ground avoiding the over exposure , keeping detail in your sky and you would probably have less problems with the conversion then!

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X