Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausages

boo800 by C J Lee, on Flickr

Im in the early days of learning and don't have any speedlites or lighting as such and my dog boo is the only one who will pose for me at the moment. I think the on camera flash is a bit harsh so i tried taking this under an energy saving light bulb and boost the ISO up a bit.

Canon 1100D 100mm f/2 1/60 ISO 3200
    Chris
    Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Re: Sausages

Well done Chris.

If you don't have the gear, you improvise to get the shot. Daylight through the window might have done the trick and the addition of a reflector could help. A reflector doesn't need to be a purpose designed photography one. White card, or some back foil will do.

I look forward to more Photo's of Boo.
    Colin

Comment

Thanks for the tips Colin
      Chris
      Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

Nice job Chris

Tom

Comment

Sausages

Boo looks like a character and you have managed to capture him well in this image.
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Nice picture Chris, Boo does look a character and is a great model for you!

As Colin has already said don't underestimate the value of a good window (perhaps with a little fill-in from the oncamera flash) especially late in the day, but well done on a nice B&W conversion making the most of the light and making the high-ISO less noticeable.

Do watch out for where you focus though, it's usually preferable to ensure the eyes are in focus as that's where the viewers eyes are drawn.
            Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Decent pic of your hound Chris, and I agree with Colin ..I have found that a sheet of white card from an art shop does the trick as a reflector, and for only a few pounds.

Roger
              Nostalgia is ok...not as good as it used to be though

Comment

Thanks everyone

I'm off to the art shop this weekend. I've only just noticed the DIY section of the forum interesting read! I'm sure lots of this will help me out while saving up the pennies.
                Chris
                Practice makes perfect

Comment

At least Boo is looking at you. My dog takes off at the speed of light when she sees the camera.

A car windowscreen sunshade also makes a decent reflector. Also comes in handy if you need to lay on the floor for a shot.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

A great looking dog and model
                    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X