• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waitin' for a train

Heres a recent one
    Bit of b/w for those who like it...
    7D 24-105, 3.2 secs mirror lock up tripod mounted F4 iso320 shot at 24mm

I suspect it may only appeal to a few here...no offence intended.
    If you want to rip it apart feel free as well

#16 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

Re: Waitin' for a train

I Like it a lot but I wish it was a little lighter so I could make out the detail. (I'm a big fan of Sepia too but don't tell anyone.)
    Alan

Canon EOS 7D MK II, Canon 18-55mm IS STM, Canon 55-250mm STM.

Aim in life, to learn something new every day.

Comment

Nice lead in with the light glinting off the tracks, I like that. The lit area draws the eye in too. I'd probably rotate the image slightly anti-clockwise just to straighten it a little.
      Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
      http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
      https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by amb67 View Post
        I Like it a lot but I wish it was a little lighter so I could make out the detail. (I'm a big fan of Sepia too but don't tell anyone.)
        Nowt wrong with sepia
        Double click the image and get a full screen version on the flickr site ....it may change youre mind.
        I usually try, like Tom, to get B/W purely B/W if that makes sense, for a much harder feel. If you look at all the (now deceased) photographers of the past you will see that is exactly what they were trying to achieve most of the time. I guess its a very subjective /personal thing..one mans meat etc Thanks for looking/commenting tho!

Comment

A quintessential evening at a British Railway station waiting for the characteristic sound of an approaching steam locomotive with its train of carriages. I can hear the sound and sense the smell in the offing. I can see my dad making sure the staff are smart. I can see me opening my combine in anticipation. Grand, I shall sleep sound tonight (well a few hours, rather than my normal interrupted collection of naps). Ah the men in white coats are approaching and the bell has just rung.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyA View Post
            Nice lead in with the light glinting off the tracks, I like that. The lit area draws the eye in too. I'd probably rotate the image slightly anti-clockwise just to straighten it a little.
            Its does need a tad rotation Andy, and i appreciate youre crit. Thanks

Comment

I like it. Ticks all the boxes for me. The areas that others think should be exposed more, actually add to it for me. Kind of makes the mind wonder what's there.
              I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

I rather like it. I do like the way the light is reflecting in the wet paving slabs in the lower right.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                  A quintessential evening at a British Railway station waiting for the characteristic sound of an approaching steam locomotive with its train of carriages. I can hear the sound and sense the smell in the offing. I can see my dad making sure the staff are smart. I can see me opening my combine in anticipation. Grand, I shall sleep sound tonight (well a few hours, rather than my normal interrupted collection of naps). Ah the men in white coats are approaching and the bell has just rung.
                  Cor blimey MX, ....Ive got a teer in my eye now...thanks for looking...as always

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                    I rather like it. I do like the way the light is reflecting in the wet paving slabs in the lower right.
                    Spot on Dee...you dont miss a trick do you...for me it adds bit of balance to the comp.

Comment

Robin... Nice. Agree with comments above.

I actually like the hardness of the B&W, rather than muted tones. I think it suits the industrial nature of the subject very well.

Well done sir. Mike.
                      flickr
                      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
                        Nowt wrong with sepia
                        Double click the image and get a full screen version on the flickr site ....it may change youre mind.
                        I usually try, like Tom, to get B/W purely B/W if that makes sense, for a much harder feel. If you look at all the (now deceased) photographers of the past you will see that is exactly what they were trying to achieve most of the time. I guess its a very subjective /personal thing..one mans meat etc Thanks for looking/commenting tho!
                        Perfect, you can really see the full effect when viewing on the host site.
                        Alan

Canon EOS 7D MK II, Canon 18-55mm IS STM, Canon 55-250mm STM.

Aim in life, to learn something new every day.

Comment

Robin

Tom

Comment

Loots great on the host site Robin

Comment

Another good one Robin, once again nothing I can see to spoil the illusion it could be a picture taken many years ago.

I agree with others comments about the glinting track and the wet slabs, adds to the pic a lot.

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X