Monochrome HDR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monochrome HDR.

I have been getting some interest in one of my images on the Black and White Photography Learning Forum with regard to converting HDR images into mono.

Im not a great lover of the HDR process, but I thought that taking out the vivid colours may help. Here are a few with different processes applied.

They all originate from the same images and have had different amounts of editing, but the effects can be seen, love it or hate it!

This is a standard mono conversion using lightroom and Silver Effex Pro.

This one has been produced by the merge to HDR export to Photoshop from Lightroom, then converted in Silver Efex Pro 2

This final one has been exported from lightroom into HDR Efex 2. One of the recipies within that software produces a mono HDR. This was tweaked a little to liven it up. No other Mono conversion was used.

Scuff

Canon EOS 1Dx
    16-35, 24-105, 70-200 f2.8Lis, 70-300 f4-5.6Lis, 300 f2.8Lis, 17 TS-E, 24 TS-E II, 90 TS-E
    Speedlight 600ex-RT (2x), ST-E3 RT.

My flickr page

Re: Monochrome HDR.

2 & 3 are really very good
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

I prefer number 3 .. Mainly for the sky,and less shadow.
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

I like them all.

Tom

Comment

Nice set Scuff well done and thanks for the PP explanations
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

The HDR versions really show the detail in the stone work. Really like number three, as much for the effect on the sky as much as anything else.

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X