Sometimes you don't want to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes you don't want to share

I wasn't sure I wanted to share this image, but after seeing the historical images of the Martin Luther King Jr march 50 years ago I was totally hooked on the value of historical pictures and how strong they can be sometimes.

I reckon one day we won't see this anywhere, however, pictures can remind humans how nasty they can be to each other.

I thought we were past all this. by Campsie Photography, on Flickr

Written on the wall of a bridge in Glasgow. Tucked away behind a tree. The person obviously wrote it out of the way. Enough to satisfy the hateful person in themselves, but away from the world that they know is changing.

Sad really.

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Sometimes you don't want to share

There will always be a misguided minority who think they are better than some, or all, others. I think this is a valid image. Be careful where you post it though...

Loving your street photography, especially the guy on the bench on your photostream. Is that at the Botanics?

Cheers,

Garry
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
      There will always be a misguided minority who think they are better than some, or all, others. I think this is a valid image. Be careful where you post it though...

Loving your street photography, especially the guy on the bench on your photostream.

Cheers,

Garry
      Cheers Garry, I really do like street photography, however my approach needs attention. Waving a MASSIVE 70-200 2.8L IS II about in the general sphere of the public doesn't tend to work very well. Draws too much attention from a worried Joe Public.

For instance that guy on the bench was sleeping there. I went to line up for the shot straight on and he woke up and started growling at me. I moved away swiftly lol
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
        .....Waving a MASSIVE 70-200 2.8L IS II about in the general sphere of the public doesn't tend to work very well. Draws too much attention from a worried Joe Public.

For instance that guy on the bench was sleeping there. I went to line up for the shot straight on and he woke up and started growling at me. I moved away swiftly lol
        You could paint it black.............
        Garry Macdonald on Flickr
        Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
          You could paint it black.............
          Better still send it to Nikon to paint it for me. I heard they are doing a lot of that :)
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
            Better still send it to Nikon to paint it for me. I heard they are doing a lot of that :)
            Or a lenscoat with urban-camo? The genuine American item is a little steep, but the UK versions seem quite reasonable at £30-£35
            Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Another option is to sit at an outside table at one of the local coffee houses and simply capture shots of folks as the walk by, you can get some great candid portraits that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                Another option is to sit at an outside table at one of the local coffee houses and simply capture shots of folks as the walk by, you can get some great candid portraits that way.
                I work in a school and at lunchtime today I went out into the main road to get some panning shots of cyclists going by, then it started spitting with rain a wee bit, so I thought hmm I'll get folk running from the rain. I then had a teacher stop me and asking about her computer not working so I gave up and went back in. I was furious.
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
                X