two boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two boats

Took this a week ago, and liked the tones shown in B&W. (Original was shot in raw. Converted to monochrome in DPP, then transferred to photoshop for additional PP'ing).

Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Re: two boats

Doesn't really do it for me ........... sorry. Nothing to really grab your interest ??
    Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Nice image but there seems to be a lot of grey
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

I'd be interested to see the colour version. Doesn't work for me in B&W, not enough contrast.
        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Thanks for your comments, it always helps to get some second opinions. Yes, there is a bit too much grey! The reason it may not work in B&W is that there is a lot of greens and browns, so not so much contrast in the colour respect - which would be why there appears to be a lot of grey!

Here is a colour version, cropped... perhaps a bit better. There is more contrast in the colour I think! The feeling I want to convey is some sort of story about the boats, did someone just leave them there, who owns them... and so on.

and one more to show a different angle - perhaps this has more interest?? The blue net adds a contrasting colour!

again cropped, as I felt the background was just too distracting, and it is the boats, that should be focused on!

Any better???
          Last edited by eeyore; 17-06-2010, 14:48.
          Richard

Comment

Look better in colour

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Better in colour. I'd rate it as a very good attempt at a difficult subject, but I'm not absolutely sure there's really a picture to be found however much you want there to be (and I've got loads that fit into that category!)
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Thanks Woolley, I tend to agree esp, after looking at this for a while. I like the idea, but I think the white boat interferes with the white board in the background - thereby making the image somewhat flat. I think I will create a folder called 'great shots that don't work'. I think this would be a good example of that.
                Richard

Comment

Working...
                X