Rich Grain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich Grain

Walking in a wood on a bluebell hunt near Crickhowell, and spotted this tree stump where people have knocked coins into the wood over the (many - judging by the range of coins) years. WDYT? I have to say, I wish I'd gone for slightly more DOF on the 1st one so a few more of the coins were in focus...

and

Anyone got any idea why this has been done incidentally? I'm assuming it's just a slant on the "wishing well" theme?
    =========================================
    Scotty - Noob with a 550D, Russell Hobbs 14943, 18-55 IS Kit Lens,
    70-300mm Tamron, Wahl 5560-917, nifty fifty and a Philips QC5015

Flickr Account

Re: Rich Grain

What an interesting tree.

I prefer the first image and agree with your view it would have been even better if there had been more DOF but having said that it is still a good picture

Comment

Cheers Muscat - I've just realised that a little more DOF wouldn't have gone amiss on the second one either
      Scotty - Noob with a 550D, Russell Hobbs 14943, 18-55 IS Kit Lens,
      70-300mm Tamron, Wahl 5560-917, nifty fifty and a Philips QC5015

Flickr Account

Comment

Originally posted by TheGFB View Post
        Walking in a wood on a bluebell hunt near Crickhowell, and spotted this tree stump where people have knocked coins into the wood over the (many - judging by the range of coins) years. WDYT? I have to say, I wish I'd gone for slightly more DOF on the 1st one so a few more of the coins were in focus...

and

Anyone got any idea why this has been done incidentally? I'm assuming it's just a slant on the "wishing well" theme?
        Well, money tree springs to my mind
        Regards
        Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
        7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
        24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

You beat me to it ............. I want one!

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Theres a tree just like it at some waterfalls near Ingleborough in the Yorkshire dales...and one at Hardcastle Graggs no idea what there for...prob some sort of good luck thingy.
            Years ago I went on a holiday to Austria..on one of the mountain walks we came across cliff face about 20 ft high,in every crevis there was a cion,,from all over the world..I wanted to put some of our then new pence into a crevis but there was none empty...so I left some on a small ledge....I went back about 5 years later and the cions were still there.....
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Just found this,,,,They are called ...WISH TREES

There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
              X