X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

narrow hotel

not enough room to swing a cat ...

Re: narrow hotel

I like the processing and you did capture the narrow hotel. As for the composition, it is to tight at the bottom for my taste.

Tom

Comment

Agree with tom and why did they put that horrible streetlamp right in front - that's not your fault of course

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

thanks for the comments
        i was trying to make the image appear less modern so cropped the row of cars at the bottom. unfortunately the street lamp scuppers it and i just noticed a *!?£$"&* satellite dish on the roof.

oh well, back to the drawing board.

Comment

oh well, back to the drawing board.
          You have done well and had thought out what you were trying to achieve. You could go even further with the processing and make it look like an old photograph, after loosing the offending dish!
          Andrew

Comment

cars have spoiled more than a few street shots I've wanted and I agree with the guys needs more space at the bottom, but with cars its not easy ...

looking at the shot I think you could pull something back by cropping further up to the balcony, this will also give you a chance to get the perspective right and loose the dish
            Last edited by Tigger; 09-07-2015, 07:27.
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
            X