Great Blue Heron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Blue Heron

I'm posting this here for several reasons. The 1st is that I did this in BW so that I was able to separate the heron from the green background better using tonal differences. So I know that this birders that shoot excellent images will frown on these being BW. The Next reason is that I had the wrong camera and lens with me, when the wife and I went for a walk. I took the EOS-M w/18-55mm lens, so I really had to crop these images.

With that said, I was pretty surprised how the EOS-M performed.

1/60 sec @ f/8, ISO 400

1/30 sec @ f/8, ISO 400

1/60 sec @ f/8, ISO 400

All at 55mm

Comments Welcomed
    Tom

Re: Great Blue Heron

Apart from mono not really working Tom, apart from being wildlife, I don't think at least in the first two there is enough tonal range and the birds have lost a lot of definition probably due to the big crops

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Sorry Tom but no... The image quality is just not holding up through all the cropping and post processing.

Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and bear with the frustration of not having the right gear at the right time...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

agree with the guys ....sorry Tom
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Tom, I would like to see wildlife in colour as it is far more natural-MHO. From the 3 shots I prefer the third one.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Doesn't really work in mono for me I think I would prefer the shots in colour
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Not quite Tom.
              Neil

Comment

Working...
              X