Woodland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodland

These are 2 experimental pictures of a B&W conversion, the images were taken just behind Oare Lake earlier today whilst it was snowing. C&C plus advice welcomed

50D with 17-85 kit lens @ 20mm ISO 200 1/15 F14

50D with 17-85 kit lens @ 22mm ISO 400 1/25 F14

Re: Woodland

I like #2.

With the darker trees holding things at the side, it is really inviting you into the middle of the shot. It would benefit from a focal point however. Lord Lucan riding Sheregar would be marvellous, but failing that, someone out walking their dog perhaps?

If all else fails, put the camera on timer and get into the shot yourself.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I like #2 also,

Maybe a little sunlight shining through would enhance it, good effort.

Leigh

Comment

Thanks for looking and the feedback, Colin the idea of adding a focal point is well taken and I agree, if I had a tripod with me or it hadn't been blowing a blizzard (I was the only silly begger out there) I may have put the camera on a tree stump and I may have got in the picture (possibly cracked the lens as well). Leigh I would have loved some sun but unfortunately we had a very bad Kenttish sky at the time

Again thanks for the comments I apreciate all constructive feedback good and bad.

Comment

I am going to Leeds Castle tomorrow for a very short time about 12:00 to get the summerhouse in the snow. Should have virgin snow round it too

Using Colins suggestion I will be looking for focal point in the woods
          ef-r

Comment

I like them both...cant Agree with Colin they dont look inviting to me.But a figure would add to both images, as for putting your camera on a stump.by time you get back it woukd be covered in snow and you would not find it till spring.

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Love the winding path in #1 - certainly leads the ey into the picture; and the angles in #2 are eye-catching.

Comment

Can't decide on a fave.. number one pulls you in with the path, but number two looks like a doorway into another world with the darker trees framing it.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

I like both images, just as they are. The first, the path leads you in, and you just have to follow it.

The second image, looks like a frame, and you are seeing an image, within the image.

sam
                  Last edited by sam mendolia; 31-12-2010, 13:12. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Thanks for looking and the feedback

Comment

Working...
                    X