Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadows

A couple of shots taken yesterday in the snow, one is almost a duplicate of an earlier post but I think it works a lot better

Re: Shadows

Really like number one... I (just my opinion) would crop some of the bottom off to the base of the branches. Really like the contrast of the rocks and snow.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

I totally agree with DeeGee. Cut 25% off the bottom and there is a much stronger picture. This is my favourite of the two.

On #2, the diagonal of the trees and the diagonal of the tree shadows form a rather nice triangle to lead you into the shot, but there is no focal point to keep you there. Where are those dog walkers when you need one?

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Nice photos
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
        Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
        Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Thanks guys, #1 is my fav also. I see your points regarding a 25% crop at the base but the whole point of the shot was to echo the tree above the shadow,leaving the tree trunk in the shot leads you directly to the tree in question, its also much stronger viewed from a distance and I think the effect the shadow looks better. Wdyt ?

Comment

Pair of really strong images here, the B&W treatment works exceptionally well.
            Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
            Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Working...
            X