Sumbamese youn man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumbamese youn man

I was lucky to be in Tarung village, near Waikabubak (Sumba Barat, Indonesia), the day they celebrated the Animist New Year (some day after the first rainy day of the rainy season). In the afternoon they went hunting wild boars by feet armed with lances. 7 squads of 5/7 people got 15 wild boars. In the evening, all dressed up, they divided in a very, very complicated way the meat between all the people of the village. This young man was taking care of the horse of one of the chiefs of the village. In the background on the right a megalithic tomb.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cocasana; 07-02-2011, 05:58.

Re: Sumbamese young man

Very nice shot, good to have the information behind the shot as well, Black and White suits it too, all the shots in the series have been really good and different too

Regards Paul

Comment

Re: Sumbamese youn man

Excellent shot, the direct stare gives loads of impact.
      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Nice use of sepia tint - adds atmosphere

I like it
        ef-r

Comment

The stare, the composition and the narrative tying it all together, make the shot.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

great shot and really helped all the more by knowing more about the background to it.
            David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
            All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
            X