In my Defence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my Defence.

Over this winter, new sea defences have been built to protect the banking. I think its going to take some time before it looks as settled as the old wooden ones.

I tried colour, but i think I prefer it in black and white.

500D - 55-250mm is lens.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: In my Defence.

DeeGee, I can see where you were going with this and I like the b+w conversion.

Couple of things bug me, though - the horizon looks as if it's sloping left to right (I realise the beach slopes that way, but the horizon looks wrong on my laptop). Also, I think the breakwaters, though full of character in themselves) provide a visual "barrier" between foreground & background. A few paces forward would have improved this, I think.
    “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
    "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
    "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
    "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

I see what you mean about the wood break waters cutting the photo in half.

I've had a go at straightening the horizon... bit difficult because you can see the sea.. then the land at the other side of the estuary, but I hope this looks better.
      Attached Files
      Di's Flickr

Comment

It does to me.... Nice one.
        “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
        "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
        "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
        "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Also, I think the breakwaters, though full of character in themselves) provide a visual "barrier" between foreground & background.
          I like the b&w conversion but I think it would have been better to shoot much wider to include the full length of the breakwaters and some of the sea

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Agreed, definately going to have another go at this, I think I was concentrating on the new concrete defences rather than the wooden break waters... never thought about them breaking the image in half. If I'd caught the ends.. then there would have been a way round them. (if that makes sense.)
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Di, I took the freedom (I'd like to use the word deliberity, but I don't know how to spell it, lol), to take a look at your flickr account and came across the colour version. I must admit I prefer that one, allthough that is completely personal of course. :)
              Rutger
              Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
              EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Originally posted by vdzande View Post
                Di, I took the freedom (I'd like to use the word deliberity, but I don't know how to spell it, lol), to take a look at your flickr account and came across the colour version. I must admit I prefer that one, allthough that is completely personal of course. :)
                Rutger
                I confess I like both versions too... one minute I like the black and white... and the next I like the colour. If we all liked the same, the world would be a very dull place.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X