Scaffold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaffold

Lately seem to be seeing scaffold everywhere.

Always interests me, the amount of clamps and how it goes together...

500D with the 55-250mm is lens on. Quite dark underneath, but liked the pattern it made against the sky. WDYT?
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Scaffold

Di - good one. I like this a lot. Good composition (the boards top left & bottom right work for me).

I can't tell if the mesh makes this shot or is off-putting. I think, on balance, it makes it.

Spot-on exposure - enought detail in the shadows without blowing the sky (on my monitor).

The only tweak I'd make would be to up the contrast a tad (assuming the sky doesn't blow out), but I just have a preference for punchy b&w.
    “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
    "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
    "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
    "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

I like that Di. Most of us would have passed it by, but you "saw" the picture.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Thanks.

Tried upping the contrast, hope the sky hasn't blown too much, went back and forth with the slider till it seemed better than it started... if that makes sense

better? worse?
        Attached Files
        Di's Flickr

Comment

I was half expecting Lily The Pink ... as usual you have an eye for things many (me included) would miss.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
            Thanks.

Tried upping the contrast, hope the sky hasn't blown too much, went back and forth with the slider till it seemed better than it started... if that makes sense

better? worse?
            AH, no - to be honest, I prefer the original. Just shows I know squat!!!!
            “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
            "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
            "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
            "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Thanks Colin & MX5

BtBob

LOL

I wouldn't worry, we all have different visions.
              Last edited by DeeGee; 23-06-2011, 18:08.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Just found this!

Nice one Di, I like that a lot, and as others have said, you've made a good job of something most of would have walked past!

Keep 'em coming!

all the best, Mike.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Working...
                X