Breakwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakwater

Spent some time this weekend on the beach and turned from the modern concrete defences to the older wooden ones. They've recently been put in, but already showing signs of use from the waves.

Taken with the 500d and of course the 55-250mm is lens. Polarising filter on (if I remember correctly.)

WDYT?

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Breakwater

I like this, the textures on the wood, the angles of the bolt fixings. You have an eye for finding good shots Di. And the lens you use seems to come in handy for all sorts of situations.

Nice.
    “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
    http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Mmmm. I like this a lot. Good composition and exposure and excellent contrast (mind you, I like a good punchy b&w - what we used to call "hard" contrast, back in the day of film & paper).
      “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
      "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
      "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
      "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Nice textures and suits the black and white conversion.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks all... I confess, I think its my fave of the day.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Wonderful shot - so real you could touch it.

Joanne
            To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Really nice image works well in mono

Peter
              There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
              X