Desolation Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desolation Row

I have had this particular scene and title in my mind for a couple of months. but ever time I passed the BG cloud formation was never quite right.
    My knowledge of this type of forestry work is very limited. This clearing went straight thru Red Squirrels habitat.

Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Excellent shot Gary. Can understand your concerns for the felling, I assume the tree's felled were coniferous. These would have been planted in years back with the purpose of being harvested for timber, no different than you , me putting in potatoes and digging them up when they have matured. I'm sure the Red Squirrels will by now be well establishes in adjacent woodland, Our wildlife is so adaptable, far more than we are. Early this year I cleared a one acre area of scrub and gorse, an area that Dartford Warblers, Stonechats and Linnets nested in last year to create a butterfly habitat. All three species are nesting this year in adjacent scrub.
    Last edited by Trev B; 09-05-2021, 06:55.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thank Trev, helps to keep our minds at peace. Still very sad to see. Gary that is an excellent shot.

Comment

A great photo, working particularily well in black and white, often I think it's the images more than a narrative that tell the true story. Was encouraged by Trev's comments though.

Comment

Well composed shot that clearly defines the devastation.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
          X