Ploughmen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ploughmen.

I posted the colour version of this image ,and antoeknee thought it might make a black and white, so here it is for your critic.

Ploughmen B&W. by Chris,,

I suspect it needs more work with the contrast, particularly on the background which is a touch flat compared to the main subjects and the foreground. The result is that it feels disconnected and splits the picture into two parts. Just hiding the background by scrolling it of the screen (to a letterbox format) makes a stronger picture so I'm sure a bit of extra tweaking on the background would help.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
      I suspect it needs more work with the contrast, particularly on the background which is a touch flat compared to the main subjects and the foreground. The result is that it feels disconnected and splits the picture into two parts. Just hiding the background by scrolling it of the screen (to a letterbox format) makes a stronger picture so I'm sure a bit of extra tweaking on the background would help.

Agree with your comments, personally think the image looks stronger as B&W.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Working...
      X