Isle of bute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of bute

A few taken from the isle of bute. These were my first time using Black and white film so I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out. But it was only £5 for the roll so I didn't mind to much if they were no good.

Camera is the Eos 50e
    Lens EF 50mm F1.8
    Film stock is Ilford FP4 125iso

CNV00016.jpg View from half way up Canada Hill

CNV00015.jpg
    Bute Castle ruins

​​​ CNV00021.jpg view from the open top bus tour looking across to isle of Arran

CNV00023.jpg
    Small plane that was doing a fly by over the beach

CNV00024.jpg looking across to the Isle of Arran

Great set Nat good to see some film. I still miss it, but have now sold all my film camera’s - much to the wife’s delight, I’m a hoarder!
    Still adapt to the film era, never take multiple shots always try to make everyone count.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Excellent set Nat.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Trev and Bill. Really appreciate your comments.

I don't shoot as much film as I'd like too, just purely because the cost of film now is increasing and so is developing. So of you're shooting film on a budget, there is only a few film stocks to choose from. My last 35mm colour negative was £16 for 24 exposures plus developing costs.

But I love it, I enjoy the process, it's slows me down and makes me look around. I agree with you Bill, it's worth adaptating the film style and making every shot count. I done a film photography challenge on digital with a group once where we all turned off our 'review image after shooting' and we're allowed to take 36 images. And then leave it a week before we looked at them (allowing what would of been developing time). Was good fun.

As for hoarding ......right there with you. Currently got 3 film cameras, all Canon. 50e eos3 and AV-1. The 50e is my go too though

Comment

Originally posted by NathCarr91 View Post
          Thanks Trev and Bill. Really appreciate your comments.

I don't shoot as much film as I'd like too, just purely because the cost of film now is increasing and so is developing. So of you're shooting film on a budget, there is only a few film stocks to choose from. My last 35mm colour negative was £16 for 24 exposures plus developing costs.

But I love it, I enjoy the process, it's slows me down and makes me look around. I agree with you Bill, it's worth adaptating the film style and making every shot count. I done a film photography challenge on digital with a group once where we all turned off our 'review image after shooting' and we're allowed to take 36 images. And then leave it a week before we looked at them (allowing what would of been developing time). Was good fun.

As for hoarding ......right there with you. Currently got 3 film cameras, all Canon. 50e eos3 and AV-1. The 50e is my go too though
          I used to use Kodachrome 64 exclusively or 25 if I could get away with it. I think the last time I bought a roll of Kodachrome 64 it was about £8 for 36 exposures, hence every shot had to count. As previously mentioned I still adopt that policy, I could not bring myself to sit at the computer going through hundreds of shots. I do very little editing, any that I do is done with DPP although I do have Photoshop - Elements 10 which someone told me recently it's the version that the Roman's bought to Britain
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

They look to have come out pretty well.
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel , there were a couple of over and exposed duds on the roll, but overall most of them were usable

Comment

Nice set of photos in B&W.
                Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Thanks Colin really appreciate that

Comment

Wow, these are great a totally different "feel" to them.
                    https://www.flickr.com/people/194601711@N08/

Comment

It is a lovely set, and sounds like you had a fun day taking the pics.
                      I’ve never used Ilford film, like Trev back in the day I used Kodachrome 64 (and if my memory is right Ektachrome 100 ??).

My favourite is the first photo.

Rose.

Comment

Great to see some images shot on film. I have leterally thousands of them and I wish I had the time to scan them and show them off. This is a lovely set my favourites are number one and the ruin. Well done look forward to seeing more.
                        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
                          Wow, these are great a totally different "feel" to them.
                          Thanks Kevin! Appreciate you're comment, think that's what I love most about film, the 'Feel' of the image. It's nostalgic and not clinically sharp like we're meant to be getting in modern times. When I look at images taken on my digital I'm happy with them, and they look good, but when I see the pictures developed from film, it just makes me feel happy inside (if that makes sense)

Comment

Originally posted by Lavenderhill View Post
                            It is a lovely set, and sounds like you had a fun day taking the pics.
                            I’ve never used Ilford film, like Trev back in the day I used Kodachrome 64 (and if my memory is right Ektachrome 100 ??).

My favourite is the first photo.

Rose.
                            Thanks so much Rose, really grateful for your comment.
                            I really did have a lot of fun taking them, and what I enjoyed about it also was that I would take 1 image, and then move on, carry on walking. Because I couldn't review the image and try again, it meant not staying in 1 spot for a while trying to get the best image possible and then deleting most later. Which Lisa enjoys too because she's not standing around waiting either with that, come on we've only done 100 steps look

I like to use Ilford film, For me it's readily available in my local camera store (any amount) and is cheap too, I also like to use a little bit of Kentmere film (currently using a roll of pan 400 at the moment) as Kentmere originally started in the lake district, my home county. So something nice about using it.

You're memory will likely be right too rose, Ektachrome 100 is a film stock. Seems to be harder to get just now but still available

Comment

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
                              Great to see some images shot on film. I have leterally thousands of them and I wish I had the time to scan them and show them off. This is a lovely set my favourites are number one and the ruin. Well done look forward to seeing more.
                              Thank you so much Alan, really kind of you to comment on them and let me know your favourites.

Be great to see some of yours one day, the scanning can be time consuming, takes me around 2 hours to scan a full roll in and then a little bit of time to do any adjustments in Lightroom, although I try to limit that to a bit of dust removal and maybe a slight pull on exposure and contrast, after that I don't do anything else to colours etc as I feel the scanner does a good enough job and keeps it truer to the film.

Comment

Working...
                              X