No announcement yet.

Man Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Nigel. Where I got lost…. I use LRC for all my images by default and only really went into PS to focus stack and couldn’t get the image back into LR – it was too big etc and had to settle for PS to edit black and white and couldn’t find adjustment sliders etc only Image > Mode > Greyscale. Adding to that the images were taken with a red led light so were very grey as greyscale.

Large file sizes and slow pc I lost patience, I would have started from scratch but I now know the files are too big when stacked and id need to shoot again. It’s all a learning curve…
    I need to use different apps regularly or I won’t learn. Sometimes when I open images they open in CameraRaw, lightroom or PS and to me its random lol – especially when I want them in one particular app and don’t yet understand why its opening in the app it is!

I know LR better for my images and PS from a past job making graphics/content etc. 2 very different things im finding.
    Thanks again for your advice Nigel, ill have a go with smaller files and hop between apps!

Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

V2 had to edit the JPG but closer to what i wanted.

The 3 Wise Troopers b&w-2 by Steven McNeill, on Flickr
      Steve

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

When it's in PS is it saving as a Tiff when saving after stacking?
        I've HDR stacked several photos in PS and they save as a Tiff file normally around 100mbs or so and it opens back up in LR no problem. Could maybe use less images so the file size isn't as big. I normally only do around 8, but never had this issue before.

The stormtrooper on the left looks how I feel after a long day

​​​​

Comment

I think the files were over 4Gig and saved as a different file type than tiff (cant remember – PSB maybe?) I know 4g is massive and not needed – was trying to get the overall image pin sharp, I’m just experimenting. So had to drop some images. Look at the left & right troopers bottom leg and right trooper left shoulder. I was sidetracked and they took forever to merge – then the merge failed etc. I was also using single focus point and the 24-105, in the dark with a red led. All things to consider!

I mainly feel like the middle trooper regularly lol

Thanks for the input guys ;)
          Steve

Flickr

Comment

You've definitely got a better tonal range in the edit...
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
            X