• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shadows in grave yard

A night time shoot at the church yard
    I wasnt scared ;-)

mick
    7d canon EF-S18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and a lot of luck ;-)

Re: shadows in grave yard

I know the title says shadows but really overall it is just too dark and no real contrast to show up any detail. I thoink this sort of shot works well with a painting with light technique to light up the stones.

All credit and bravery to you for going in the dark though

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

It's a good attempt and not far off. Three things to improve it:

If shot in RAW, try increasing the contrast or lifting the highlights a little.
      It's not quite straight - the stones are tilted to the right by a degree or so and it needs straightening.
      The window at the back is really distracting, such that you have to conciously look for the crosses. A tighter crop to remove it will make a big difference.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

You weren't on your own, I can see little 'urn there...
        The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Originally posted by JaKS_Foto View Post
          You weren't on your own, I can see little 'urn there...
          :-) I got buzzed by an owl
          thanks for the tips lads
          I took a few of the same shot from different angles and liked the angle and shadows of that one heres another as taken aside from changing it to b/w

camera Model: Canon EOS 7D Date/Time: 2011:12:09 22:06:59 Resolution: 1023 x 682 Flash Used: No Focal Length: 60.0mm (35mm equivalent: 94mm...
          CCD Width: 23.04mm Exposure Time: 8.000 s Aperture: f/5.0 ISO Equiv.: 1600 Whitebalance: Auto Metering Mode: pattern Exposure: Manual

mick
          Last edited by mickmtb; 17-12-2011, 16:38.
          7d canon EF-S18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and a lot of luck ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X