Taking a break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a break

The weather was wonderful here this morning and I got this candid shot of an old guy taking a break from his walk to do a crossword puzzle. I can't make up my mind if it works better in colour or black and white, so I've posted each version in the relevant forum thread.

Any comments or view welcome.

Rob

Re: Taking a break

IMO this works much better in B/W

Tom

Comment

Hello Tom and thanks for your comments on both versions of this shot. The more I look at it the more I'm inclined to agree that black and white is better.

Rob

Comment

Def the B&W (and I'm not generally a fan of B&W) oh and I have to ask - what is it with walkers tucking their trousers into their socks? saw a few today and it was all I could do not to laugh out loud and point.

.DAVID.
        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Rob - Nice capture, and I think it's better in B&W too! If there was more open space in the shot, I would have had a looser crop to show the peace and quiet of the moment.

David - socks in trousers = no mud marks on trousers, just on the socks - easier to clean! (but yes, it does look a bit daft).

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
            If there was more open space in the shot, I would have had a looser crop to show the peace and quiet of the moment.
            Mike - there was a bit more space so I've re-cropped the original to see if this helps as you suggested.

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X