Well heres some of my Landscape Photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well heres some of my Landscape Photos.

Hi all I'm new to this Photography but have uploaded some landscape Photos i have taken over the last couple of months.I live in Picton New Zealand so the Marlborough Sounds is on my Front door so to speak a couple of these was taken at Anakoha Bay in the Marlborough Sounds and the Wharf was taken out at Lake Grassmere saltworks I did this in a Single Image HDR and I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Re: Well heres some of my Landscape Photos.

Love them all, from the color to the composion, all 3 should be framed & mounted on a wall for all to enjoy.

Tom

Comment

Considering you are new to landscapes, the first two are very good , fine eye for composition, with nicely balanced images.

Third is the weakest of the 3, technically it's very soft (due to HDR processing probably), the colours are a bit out, compositionally, the jetty is just too square on, I'd be tempted to move a few feet to the left, so the jetty could lead you into the composition. Finally, your horizon is like a ski slope, it needs a few degrees rotation to brimg it level.
      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Tom.

Comment

Hi Les,yes I noticed the slope on the 3 Photo the other day,I did 2 different goes with it in HDR heres the 3rd one I did a while back and just adjusted the slope on it in this one before posting.

Comment

Excellent
            The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

I prefer the lasrt version of the pier but if it were mine I would be tempted to crop some off the top, bottom and to just beyond the 2nd vertical bar on the pier. This idea of this is to make the pier lead into the picture and focus more on the main subject whilst still leaving some of the moody clouds and nice red seaweed / sand.

Just my thoughts feel free to ignore.

Comment

As another person who is very new to HDR I am amazed at how well you have done. I agree with the comments about #3. My only 'technical' comment would be that the water in #1 looks rather like a river of mercury, not water. The degree of blur in #2 is better, it seems to me.

New Zealand sure has some beautiful areas.
                Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Both #1 & #2 were both 5sec exposures they were actually my first time playing around with Tv settings on my camera,so still learning the ropes and my first DSLR but i think i'll get there lol.

Comment

I certainly like the colours. You have some beautiful scenery. Look forward to seeing some more landscapes.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X