Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A walk in the woods, and a little waterfall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A walk in the woods, and a little waterfall.

As I have not been out taking photographs for the last few weeks, (the reason I detailed in a previous post ' I've been out of action for around 12 weeks, had a slight mishap before Christmas, managed to fall off a ladder resulting in a magnificient fracture of my pelvis, so 2 weeks in hospital on my back, immobile, lots of pain, then 2 weeks at home on my back, immobile, watching cash in the b****y attic and eating jaffa cakes, then 4 weeks with a zimmer frame, now on crutches, but still a while before able to walk unaided, consequently haven't picked up a camera since the accident. )

Anyway, a couple of images taken before my 'mishap'

Larger image links provided

1# Canon 1Ds MKIII+50mm F1.4 lens,
    1/30th Sec @ f4, ISO 800

http://lesmclean.co.uk/TP/1DSL0610.jpg

2# Canon 1Ds MKIII+17-40F4L lens, + ND10 Filter,
    148secs@f11, ISO100

http://lesmclean.co.uk/TP/1DSL7954.jpg
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: A walk in the woods, and a little waterfall.

Magnificent shots! Hopefully you will be fully recovered soon and adding to your portfolio!

Comment

Excellent photographs, you should be very proud of them. Hope you are now well on the road to recovery.
      Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Good Luck with your recovery, 2 great shots.
        Raj
        Flickr

Comment

Les - well, that really was the wrong type of 'legless' over Christmas! Get well soon, and good luck with the recovery in general.

2 great shots, I really like them both. #2 is my favourite for the lovely waterfall, and richness of colour.

all the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Two livery nice shots there Les, my favourite is the first, a very nice focal point with the people and dog walking towards you. I hope you will soon be able to get out with a camera

Comment

#1 for me too. Beautiful range of muted pastel colours and the track fading into the distance is very enticing. The eye wanders along wondering where it goes.

I do hope you'll soon be fulltime back on your feet. Not being able to walk freely really is a bugger.
              Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident Les, take it easy and get fully fit.

Both great images #1 for the compostion and colours and #2 for the unusual view of these falls, as most I have seen of this location are from the opposite bank. Well done and good luck with your recuperation.
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Gorgeous! I am extremely envious.
                  Thanks for sharing.
                  EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Beautiful shots Les. Hope you're well soon. Thanks for sharing
                    Graydon
                    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Superb pics Les. Just what I expected from you anyway. Good to see you posting images after your mishap.Get well soon.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident. Do hope that you are up and about soon. Great photos with great colour. No. 2 my fave.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

wonderful shots....I was thinking about entering Amateur Photographer APOY competition....this would be a great contender for the first assignment....sadly not mine!
                          thanks for sharing this.
                          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

They are actually rather good ... #2 getting my '10' card.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback folks-appreciated.

In respect of my 'mishap' it's now 3 months since it happened, I'm now walking unaided, well I say walk, it's more of a waddle, but at least it means the nuts and bolts holding my pelvis together are doing their job.

Small achievements take on a whole new dimension, like I managed to walk over the fields the other Sunday to the Newsagent with the dogs (around a mile), although using sticks, I was well chuffed, to be able to go back to what was routine previously.

Similarly, now able to drive a bit further, and next week will be driving up't North (70 miles) to see my folk, first time in 3 months, although they have all been down to see me.

Had an outpatient appointment with Consultant the other day, reviewed the X-rays (not a pretty sight), and my pelvis is holding together very well, so he is well pleased with my progress.

So all in all, mostly positive, it's been a difficult and painful period, but what's most important for me, is that I'm now reclaiming my life back.
                              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Working...
                              X