X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheepstor Church

Took this this morning, any comments?

[IMG] Sheepstor Church[/IMG]
    TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Re: Sheepstor Church

This could be off by a mile (I'm still a novice), but how about making it a landscape photo and cropping it on the top where the montains touch the sky and in the bottom just below the base of the left tree?
    Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
    EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

It may be my monitor but I find that photo is a bit askewed to the right.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Cheers for the responses. Nat I think it's your monitor!!! Only joking, I think it's pretty true going by the verticality of the church, the hedge does run downhill to the right though.

Vdzane, I happen to have shot it in landscape too! Both partial crops of the original shown below, one staying 3:2 the other a freehand rectangle. Are they better? I must admit after I uploaded it the portrait posted seemed to have a lot more "sky".

[IMG] Sheepstor Church [/IMG]

[IMG] Sheepstor Church [/IMG]
        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Yes!! Lovely! :)
          Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
          EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

I actually preferred the first crop. i find the foreground quite interesting and leading into the rest of the photo (even though there are no distinguishable leading lines)...and the two trees on the side kinda provide a nice frame to the photo. i probably would have chopped off much of the sky to place the castle in the upper third of the image
            regards
            Donald

Comment

feel free to ignore.. I know nothing.. what about taking something off the left, putting the church steeple on the vertical third, so the eye leads from the left and finishes on the right on the trees with the light on the green moss.

Either way I like the depth of looking past the tree line to the church.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X