Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

" Upper Town" in Bergamo ( Northern Italy- Lombardy )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" Upper Town" in Bergamo ( Northern Italy- Lombardy )

Here are three other photos taken in the Upper Town of Bergamo.
    The first shows Colleoni Chapel with funeral monuments to the leader Bartolomeo Colleoni and his daughter Medea.
    In the second shot you can see the Baptistery, built by John Champion and in the background the Civic Tower (known as the''bell'').
    The third photo is a particular of the staircase of the Civic Tower during the exposure of the Accademia Carrara Art Gallery: a collection of masterpieces of great artists as such Mantegna, Lotto, Raffaello, Botticelli, Tiziano, Rubens, Durer that made Bergamo famous around the world.
    Comments and critiques are always welcome, greetings to you all !!

Eos 50D + EF-S 17-85 f/4-5.6 IS USM
    Anna

Re: " Upper Town" in Bergamo ( Northern Italy- Lombardy )

Nice photos Nancy. I like #3 the best.Thanks for sharing. They bring back good memories.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

#1 is a poster in waiting - looks so sharp
      ef-r

Comment

Many thanks Nathaniel for your very kind words !!!!

Thanks a lot Brian !!!!!
        Anna

Comment

Can really see the detail in the stone work on number one. Think I'd have number three as my fave though.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

I think #1 is a terrific shot with crisp detail and emphasizing the architectural quality of the building, though to me the Chapel appears to have the tiniest tilt to the left. The larger than lifesize heads on the stairs in #3 give it a surreal quality which I find attracts my attention but it doesn't hold a candle to #1.
            Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

A lovely set, first has got great detail, although the wall on the right distracts a touch.

Love the viewpoint in 2, but No3 is a peach of an image, the light is a bit softer, and the juxtaposition of the elements results in an abstract, almost surreal image which is very appealing.
              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                well done
                regards
                Donald

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                  well done
                  regards
                  Donald

Comment

Thanks very much for all your comments: very much appreciated!!!

DeeGee @ Thanks very much for your opinion !

Garrett @ Yes, you're right: the chapel is tilted slightly to the left because the small square in front is slightly down on that side. You have an extraordinary eagle eye!! Thanks a lot, Garrett for your comment !!

Les @ The comp that appeared on the steps of the Tower was curious and truly surreal and so jumped out this shot .... I'm glad you enjoyed it! Many thanks Les !!

Donald @ Than you very much for your very kind opinion, Donald !!
                    Anna

Comment

Hi Nancy

What a fantastic place Bergamot looks - another place on my long list of places to visit. #1 phot for me is my favourite although I really like # 3 with the beautiful roof tiles, colour of the flowers and lines of the stairs and pillars. For me it Would be nice not to have the lady on the stairs and the flower in the foreground. Nice set - more from Bergamo please!!

Nick

Comment

Hi Nancy

#1 photo is also my favourite - great shot and makes me want to visit Bergamo very soon! Also like #3 with the lines of the steps and pillars, the beautiful roof tiles (very Italy!) and the strong flower colours - it would be even better (for me) if the lady and the flower in the foreground weren't in the picture. Nice set - thank you for sharing

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,
                          In fact before showing the third shot, I thought that lady coming down the stairs could distract attention but... I realized that she had been framed only after the shoot !
                          I could clone her in PS, but the procedure takes too much time, so ... I prefer to consider her part of the landscape by now!
                          Thanks a lot for the comment and add to the list Bergamo: it's really very beautiful!
                          Last edited by Nancy; 21-02-2012, 21:23.
                          Anna

Comment

Cracking pictures a reminder of when our son used to live in Italy. A very beautiful country.
                            Cheers
                            Treff

Comment

Many thanks Treff !!!!!
                              Anna

Comment

Working...
                              X