• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road to the Black

Road to the black Mountain from Ammanford

The Road to the Black by treff, on Flickr

Crossing through the great Wall by treff, on Flickr
    Last edited by Treff; 08-03-2012, 20:31.

Re: Road to the Black

Nice Treff.
    Thanks for sharing
    Graydon
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

really like the depth and sharpness of the shots you have been posting. they really capture the feel of the landscape there. tremendous photos.
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

another beautiful landscape - do like the "deep" colours.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Great images Treff. If you ever feel like sharing how you get them to look so good ....
          Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
          http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
          https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Many thanks to all for looking and the nice comments. All the pics were taken with 17/40 lens and I used various filters to bring out colours and sky. Mainly graduated gey and a polarizer. I also always use the camera on manual to get the right depth of saturation I think the scene needs. Hope this helps.
            Cheers
            Treff

Comment

Wish I had taken that treff...great composition

Comment

Both good images, I think the 2nd is a stronger image, probably due to the depth provided by the use of a good lead-in (the road)

I think you have done a bit of dodging (probably) around the hill line (circled below) as there are a couple of lighter patches in the sky that look a bit odd?

Also I'd consider cloning the hot spot in the sky.

Good work though.

Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les for the tip. You spotted my heavy hand at work with the dodge tool. Yes should have taken down the hotspot some. I was thinking of putting a light beam from the hotspot to the centre of crossing but thought that was taking it a step to far. Thanks again from saving me from the wrath of the club judge.
                  Cheers
                  Treff

Comment

Working...
                  X