Varenna ( Lake Como )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Varenna ( Lake Como )

These are three images of Varenna on Lake Como.
    Varenna is an attractive village and here the main tourist activities are... to relax by the lake and to visit the gardens of two villas: Villa Monastero and Villa Cipressi.
    Comments and critiques are always welcome, greetings to you all!

Eos 50D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5,6 IS USM
    Anna

Re: Varenna ( Lake Como )

Nancy

You've just convinced me I need to go there. One small suggestion, a person in #1 and #3 could have been used to advantage.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Nice photos Nancy, #3 is my favourite. I agree with Colin that a person may have added something. I can picture myself sitting in #3 with a nice bottle of wine.
      Only minor suggestion I would make is that I would try to include the whole of the yatch on the left hand side.
      Martin
      Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Comment

#3 is the pick for me,though the sky/clouds looks a little strange?

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Nancy only thing I've every known about Lake Como is that George Clooney as a villa there. Now I think, rather than going villa viewing, I want to walk that bridge and sit at that table.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Colin @ Thanks a lot, Colin for your opinion and comment!! I haven't thought to include people, but ... I asked them politely to move from there, because I had to shoot ....
            I got it all wrong!!! ...

Applefan @ I reworked the image and I hope it's better now: I cut a little too much. Thanks a lot for viewing!

Paul @ You're right, I also reworked the sky and now it seems more natural.
            I gave too much contrast to the clouds and the sky seemed.. surreal. Thanks a lot, Paul for the comment and viewing!

Anna

Comment

Dee @ It 's true, Dee!!
              It looks great sitting at that table (I did it several times ..) and then the beauty of the lake does the rest.
              Even without Clooney's villa..
              Thanks for the comment always appreciated!
              Anna

Comment

Really nice shots!

The re-worked one is much better, so well done for taking the advice. Like the others, I'm now thinking about when I get over there!

All the best, Mike.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Nancy, that reworked image is now a lovely picture, well done!
                  Martin
                  Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Comment

lovely shots, especially the third one. I really like the 2nd version, especially the extension of the crop on the left hand side. really would like to be there!
                    David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                    All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

love the reworked #3
                      regards
                      Donald

Comment

A definite improvement on my favorite shot of the three, the sky was too false in your original image. Sometimes an image can be spoiled by trying to improve on it. A nice set of images.

John

Comment

Nice set, No3 is my pick (the 2nd version), agree with Colin re: a figure, particularly in the first.
                          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks a lot Mike, Martin, David, Donald, John, Les!!
                            Your opinions and suggestions are always much appreciated !!
                            Anna

Comment

Ah.. Last summer seems too long ago. I was there a few days on my trip through Italy. Must be one of the most romantic scenes, together with the amalfi coast.

Thanks for posting these shots :)
                              Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
                              EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Working...
                              X