Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chosen

Chosen by treff, on Flickr

CC would be most welcome on this pic. I did find a D5MK3 at the end of the sun beam

Re: Chosen

Another beautiful shot.
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
    http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Just superb....a keeper I'd say....
      ...there is symmetry in chaos....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mosscroft-images/
      http://500px.com/DouglasMcMann/

Comment

Stunning...wish I could take images like that

Comment

Treff, I look forward to your landscapes. this is super beautiful
          regards
          Donald

Comment

Super shot.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Wow!!

Saj
              Comments and criticism more than welcome - that is why I'm here!

Comment

This really has the wow factor. Quite stunning

Thanks for sharing

Ian
                EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Wonderful shot!
                  EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Absolutely brilliant.
                    “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
                    http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Great picture

Comment

Another very nice image, if I had to be picky, then there are 3 small issues, first your blues in the top left area probably need turning down a notch (bit intense colour), second, where the large ray hits the hill, there is a slight halo around the curve of the hill where it meets the sky. Last, the hotspot is the sky is on the verge of blowing, I'm sure you know how to check for hotspots in an image, but for those that don't (and are using PS or Elements) then go to Image.....adjustments....threshold...and enter 255 in the box, any blown highlights will show as white spots, as in your image below.

Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Many thanks to all who looked and gave such glowing comments, especially to Les for the very good pointers of what was wrong with the pic. This is what I need good constructive, honest comment which this site I feel is one of, if not the best at giving . Funny enough all the pics I have posted here have so far been marked down in the club comps. Maybe I a bit to old fashioned with my style. Still looking for those elusive 20 points.
                          Cheers
                          Treff

Comment

Originally posted by Treff View Post
                            . Funny enough all the pics I have posted here have so far been marked down in the club comps. Maybe I a bit to old fashioned with my style. Still looking for those elusive 20 points.
                            Cheers
                            Treff
                            I think it's the other way round Treff, in my experience, camera clubs (and camera club judges) tend to be quite conservative (with a small c) in their views, consequently their judgement, and tend to follow the tried and tested patterns (rule of thirds etc), your style tends to push the envelope somewhat, which for me, makes your images so attractive, it's not that you are throwing the rule book out of the window, it's more you are not slavishly following it.
                            I'm asked on occasion to go and give the odd talk to camera clubs in our area, while some clubs are bubbling, innovative and producing some exciting work, others are stuck in a time-warp, I was at one club, where everyone had to stand when the club president entered the room, another I was looking at some images of a club member, one really took my eye, it was an outstanding image, and he had submitted it in the 7" x 5" competition, but because it was 7x5 and 1/8th inch it was disqualified

A couple of years ago, I was at Focus on Imaging in Birmingham, the RPS had a display of images from some of their members, and I found them quite boring and unimaginative (although following most of the rules), refreshingly some of the Universities/Colleges from around the land had exhibits from their photography courses, and it really did excite me, some absolutely fantastic work, challenging, innovative, pushed the boundaries. The RPS stuff paled in comparison.

Apologies for the longish rant, IMO you have a good eye for what works, and the skills to interpret what you see into a final image, in my experience, Camera Club judges are not always a good arbitrator of what is a good photograph
                            Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                            Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks for you comments Les. There's still hope LOL. I do not mind the judges comments it's all personnel opinion. I have been a photographer pro and amateur nearly all my life and still get excited when seeing my pics on screen or better still printed. I have even had my pictures torn to shreds by one irate editor some years ago. That really was some painfull criticism but funny now looking back. Being an Amateur is the most difficult in my opinion. Putting into practice and getting and end result that satisfies is truly very difficult indeed but great fun. Thanks again Les.
                              Cheers
                              Treff

Comment

Working...
                              X