Now & Then-a different perspective.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now & Then-a different perspective.

Some of you maybe familiar with my ongoing project, taking images from 50-100 years ago, and taking the same view today.
    These are an attempt at something a bit different from presenting a full view then & now .

So I would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, as sometimes you get blinkered as you get deeper into a project, ending up never sure if you are going in the right direction?

Larger image

Larger image
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: Now & Then-a different perspective.

Do like the first one, made me look and then look again... for some reason didn't reaslise what you'd done and could only think "Yorkshire Bank" hasn't changed it logo in a long time. LOL!

As for the second what about doing it the other way around too? Showing us the base of the clock tower in your modern shot and making the background the past. (does that make sense I wonder)
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Yes, number one works extremely well. Number two is too blunt, to stark from one time to the next, from bygone to modern.
      Cheers
      Treff

Comment

Very clever and imaginative, I applaud that.
        I love all these Now & Then images and I like the idea of these two, #1 is spot in.

Comment

I love these old/new comparison shots
          In the first, look how characterless modern,average cars look compared to the old one.

Trev

Comment

I had to look twice at #1 before I realised what you had done - Excellent work
            Its amazing how you got old and new to match up so perfectly in #2 - again excellent work

Mike
            www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Very effective and very well done, as with most folks I had to look at #1 twice to see what you had done. A great and different idea

Comment

This is amazing! No1 keeps pulling me in.
                The diagonal 'cut' in two is a bit distracting to me.
                Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
                EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Like the concept ... I've been watching "Britain’s First Photo Album" presented by John Sergeant on BBC2 (Click) ... I often get asked about 'what was that' when out walking.

Comment

Working...
                  X