• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egypt!!!

Land of the Pharohs!!!
    Attached Files

Re: Egypt!!!

I love the last shot, is that smog, fog, or a dust storm? The last time I was in Cairo you couldn't see more than 2 meters in front of you due to a long period of no wind and the smog was chokingly thick.
    Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Twitter: @PicturesqueScot

Comment

It was very early in the morning when we arrived at the site of the Great One. Was fog actually. I feel this picture can be from some very early years when the visitor came across the Great One unknowingly!

Comment

Lovely shots and brings back happy memories of my time in Egypt.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Lovely shots - not been there myself

Comment

I want to visit Egypt - good pics
            Never stop photographing. It is very likely that your best photograph has not yet been captured

http://flic.kr/ps/29Jr1K

Comment

Like the pics, especially the last one. Is my laptop mucky or does your sensor need a clean - few dust spots?

Comment

Love the Abu Simbel - I left a nice green hat in there - you didn't pick one up by any chance?

Hatshetput temple ace also - whilst walking up to that I watched a desert fox prowling on the slopes.

Thoroughly enjoyed a couple of trips over there, and would go every year if the Doc would prescribe gut problem medicines in advance....

Cheers, Chris.
                Just chuggin' along.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chris J;85666] Thoroughly enjoyed a couple of trips over there, and would go every year if the Doc would prescribe gut problem medicines in advance...QUOTE]

I am a member of the same club .................... Pharoh's revenge!

Imodium Instants and a fair bit of buttock clenching did the trick.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Great pics. Egypt is a magical place, been twice and thoroughly enjoyed both trips. First trip was a bit buttock clenching but I found out why.
                    You need to drink loads of water, by that I mean 5lts + a day. Apparently the stomach upset is due to dehydration. The second trip I drank plenty and had no problems at all.

Abu Simbel is a must place to visit in your lifetime.

abu simbel by M1RVW, on Flickr
                    Last edited by Doglet; 21-04-2012, 19:38. Reason: spelling
                    Ray

Comment

Great pics and a great place to go. I'm very jealous of you.

Rob
                      http://rsfphoto.foliopic.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X