Spooky castle, co armagh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooky castle, co armagh

Went out for a Walk to gosford park, I planned on taking photos of brown Deer they have on the grounds but sadly they were out of my range, so went on walking round the grounds when i came across this amazing castle, thankfully i had my filters with me.:):)

Beautiful blue sky. As for the castle, it seems to get lost in the shadows.

Tom

Comment

Re: Spooky castle, co armagh

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      Beautiful blue sky. As for the castle, it seems to get lost in the shadows.

Tom
      thanks tom, i wanted to give the mood of been spooky so, thats why its been lost in the shadows heres it normal

Comment

2nd image is far better than the first, but a classic case of converging verticles.

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
          2nd image is far better than the first, but a classic case of converging verticles.
          Agree

Comment

John - What camera and lens did you use?

Comment

ive only started photography and got myself Canon 1100D with 18-55mm lens plus tokina 100-300mm lens and ive a tripod i bought it just so i can get the just of the settings and with help with some magazines and books ive picked it up pretty fast but ive still alot too learn. ur feed back is much appreciated

im thinking of upgrading maybe after the new year

thanks twitchfagan
              Last edited by twitchfagan; 02-07-2012, 13:05.

Comment

If you have access to digital image manipulation software (i.e. Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CS, etc) you can correct the verticals using this software (but you'll end up cropping the sides off - there's a hint there which I use and allow extra 'side room' for this eventually when shooting things when I know the verticals are not going to be parallel). You can with care remove other 'optical' (lens) distortions as well. I've never used the free Canon DPP to correct verticals ... not sure if it can be done? And if so how??

Comment

Nothing wrong with your equipment.
                  The image was probably taken at the wide end (18mm) of the zoom lens, had you stepped back and taken the same image at 55mm and stopped down to f/8 then you would of had a sharper image with less converging verticles.
                  It happens to us all ......

Comment

I agree with the above comments, I prefer #2, considering you have only just started I think it's great that you are experimenting with styles.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                      If you have access to digital image manipulation software (i.e. Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CS, etc) you can correct the verticals using this software (but you'll end up cropping the sides off - there's a hint there which I use and allow extra 'side room' for this eventually when shooting things when I know the verticals are not going to be parallel). You can with care remove other 'optical' (lens) distortions as well. I've never used the free Canon DPP to correct verticals ... not sure if it can be done? And if so how??
                      Don't think u can with DPP mate, ive been using it and havent seen anything like that, im getting photoshop elements soon cause i heard its the easiest version to use for a beginner. so cant wait to get my hands on it.

thanks for the info

Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by raymon View Post
                        I agree with the above comments, I prefer #2, considering you have only just started I think it's great that you are experimenting with styles.

Ray
                        Thanks Ray, ive been experimenting with alot of styles with filters and software just so i can see what diffrent styles i can do with it.

Cheers John

Comment

Working...
                        X