Skye Seascapes (Part 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skye Seascapes (Part 4)

Final set of Skye sea-scapes taken a few years ago, the reason I'd not processed them at the time is firstly some are variations on a theme, similar to images processed at the time, but mainly due to the advances Photoshop has made since them, I think at the time I was using CS 3 (or 4) and found that trying to drag details from the shadows left a lot of ugly noise, and noise reduction just left smudgy/blocky detail.

With the advent of CS5, the improvements are significant, meaning you can process more aggressively without the destruction seen previously.

All with Canon 1Ds MKII, 17-40 F4L (except 2-100-400mm)

1-20sec @ F10, ISO100

Larger image

2 1/400 sec @F11, ISO100

Larger image

3 1/10 Sec @f22, ISO 50

Larger size

4 1 sec @ F22 , ISO50

Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: Skye Seascapes (Part 4)

All good images, Skye always seem to look better with forbidding skies. First image probably my favourite, especially when you view it at the larger image option.
    An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Comment

Nice moody skys make these shots

Comment

Wow, these are incredibly sharp, Les, and beautifully composed - they are simply stunning especially when viewed in the larger mode.
        Fantastic, very well done
        Andy

Comment

I would have to echo Andy's remarks Les. Hard to pick a favorite as each are good in their own right. However, images 2,3, & 4 are tied for the top in my list.

Tom

Comment

All images are good, I especially like #2 #3, I have never seen Skye without angry skies.

Ray

Comment

There's something about your images Les that just pulls you in and then keeps you there !(if that makes sense)

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

They just get better and better.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

I've enjoyed following your posts in this series. Cheers. Why dont we have a green envy smiley guy?

Alun
                  Alun

Comment

Working...
                  X