• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conwy Quay

(i)

(ii)

(iii)
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 23-02-2013, 23:34.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Conwy Quay

Nice series Nat. Really like the 3rd image.

Tom

Comment

Number 3 for me as well

Comment

Thanks Tom & Ian. I am sorry I cannot post bigger images due to "service temporarily not available" problem mentioned elsewhere.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Third image for me as well, the white masts stand out well against the dark background. Must try and return visit to this area this year, lots of potential all over the place.
          An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Comment

Originally posted by Judder Man View Post
            Third image for me as well, the white masts stand out well against the dark background. Must try and return visit to this area this year, lots of potential all over the place.
            Thanks for your comment Judder man.I would have like to have posted these images much larger but due to posting problems,I have reduced the size. Contact me with a PM if you are coming this way, I can join you. Yes.North Wales has got a lot of potential.

Comment

Roll on summer- any shot with blue sky and white rooves is a winner for me!

Comment

Nice set Nat, would like to see a slightly larger image though.
                320x217 is a bit small, 600x400 or 800x533 would be better.
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                  Nice set Nat, would like to see a slightly larger image though.
                  320x217 is a bit small, 600x400 or 800x533 would be better.
                  Stephen, I agree but as mentioned elsewhere I have posting problems- Service temporarily not available if I tried to pose a bigger image.

Nat

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                    Thanks for your comment Judder man.I would have like to have posted these images much larger but due to posting problems,I have reduced the size. Contact me with a PM if you are coming this way, I can join you. Yes.North Wales has got a lot of potential.

Might take you up on that one day, local knowledge will save me a lot of time. Think the last time I was in your area was at Bodelwyddan Castle but unfortunately those images disappeared from my hard drive.
                    Last edited by Judder Man; 25-02-2013, 20:45.
                    An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Comment

Vote for 3 as well Nathaniel. Talking of local knowledge Have you been around North wales coast much? keep wondering if the cable car still goes up the Gt orme( there also used to be a street version similar to the cars in San Francisco) make good pic!

Alun
                      Alun

Comment

Alun, I have not been all round the coast as I only really settled in St.Asaph last year July. I have been around to my son's place in N.Wales whilst living in Cheshire but never with any in-depth touring or visiting. It is only now that I am venturing out, inviting other forum members living in and around here and the North West. For instance I am going with another member living in Southport this Thursday to Conwy and environs as he has not been around these parts.

All I know is the North Wales coastal areas are very beautiful plus also the interior regions.

Nat

Comment

My family are all from north Wales Nathaniel and I had many a great holiday as a child in the area from Porthmadoc to llandudno, its nice to see your pics as you explore the area. if Imay be bold i would mention the street car in case your travels take you that way. Also Lewis carol lived and wrote from Llnadudno and the town is littered with images from his books! I trust you will enjoy, keep us posted!
                          Alun

Comment

Alun, thank you for your info. Much appreciated. Just for your info, I am a sun tanned Welshman having lived in Cardiff for a little over 26 years, children educated in Cardiff uni and medical college. Moved to the North West & Cheshire due to work, and now back in N.Wales due to health reasons. I know that living in North Wales,I get the impression I am living in a holiday resort area with so much beautiful sights to see.Also they are all within easy travelling distance from St.Asaph.

Comment

Originally posted by Alun100 View Post
                              Vote for 3 as well Nathaniel. Talking of local knowledge Have you been around North wales coast much? keep wondering if the cable car still goes up the Gt orme( there also used to be a street version similar to the cars in San Francisco) make good pic!

Alun
                              Yes it does - http://www.greatormetramway.co.uk/
                              Although I've not been for a few years (pre digital days) it's well worth a visit. Make sure you go on a clear day - the views from the top are magnificent.

Bob
                              Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Working...
                              X