A turn for the worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A turn for the worst

Managed to venture out between the snow showers that have now returned to capture this image,Used a ND filter to slow the shutter right down, 13sec, f22, iso50. EF24-105mm. tried to clean vignetting in corners but made image a bit noisy

Hopefully this will load 503 error on Monday all day !

snow copy by Paul linton1, on Flickr

Paul
    Last edited by paul linton; 12-03-2013, 11:15.
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: A turn for the worst

Very nice Paul, looks as cold as it feels down here

Comment

I like that a lot, but I am not 100% convinced with the clouds. I think an even longer exposure would have been better.
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
        Very nice Paul, looks as cold as it feels down here
        Thanks Muscat

Think it cold everywhere at the moment plus the wind chill makes it even worst.

Paul

Originally posted by colin C View Post
        I like that a lot, but I am not 100% convinced with the clouds. I think an even longer exposure would have been better.
        Thanks Colin
        Agree about a longer shutter speed but that was the longest i could manage.The real problem i think looking back, was that i was out at the wrong time of day to get a really slow shutter speed (130pm time image taken, think 4-5pm would have been a better option when the sun was a little weaker) i always like to learn the hard way !! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

The only thing I see is this big square box from Flickr telling me the image is not available in several languages.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
            The only thing I see is this big square box from Flickr telling me the image is not available in several languages.

Tom
            That's strange Tom I'll re post. let me know if you can see if you get the chance.

snow cropped by Paul linton1, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks Paul, I see it now. I would have to agree with Colin about the clouds, but I do like the leading iciness of the field.

Tom

Comment

Agree with Tom and Colin
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

b/w perhaps?? well I would (and Tom)

Comment

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment,Tom,Stephen.

Black and white version just for you Robin.

black & white by Paul linton1, on Flickr

Comment

I'm another that agrees about the clouds, but do like the how the lines pull you right into the image. Also how you can see a trace of a second set of lines cutting across the field on a diagonal.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Put it on the thirds and less grain- bang up the black slider

Comment

Working...
                        X