Just a bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a bridge

I have been meaning to take this picture for quite a while so I made a point of stopping off on my way to work this morning.

Stamford Bridge - Paul Raybould by POCKLINGTON CAMERA CLUB, on Flickr

And in black and white

Stamford Bridge B/W - Paul Raybould by POCKLINGTON CAMERA CLUB, on Flickr

Shutter (1/250)
    Aperture f/16.0
    Focal Length 55 mm
    ISO Speed 1600
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Re: Just a bridge

Hi Paul

Normally I'd go for the B&W but looking between the two, the bridge looks to be made out of sand stone and I rather like the colour of it!
    Alun

Comment

Originally posted by Alun100 View Post
      Hi Paul

Normally I'd go for the B&W but looking between the two, the bridge looks to be made out of sand stone and I rather like the colour of it!
      Thanks for taking a look Alun I prefer the colour one but know some prefer b&w so thought I would offer both to view

Flickr
      Facebook

Comment

Sorry Paul, but neither works for me. The reason is that you have cut off the right side thus not completing the arch which is what makes this bridge unique.

Just my opinion
        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          Sorry Paul, but neither works for me. The reason is that you have cut off the right side thus not completing the arch which is what makes this bridge unique.

Just my opinion
          Tom
          No need to apologize I couldn't get into a position to enable me to get both arches in the frame, I will be going back to the location to try again.

Flickr
          Facebook

Comment

If you are going back to try again I would be inclined to drop the shutter speed to say 1/80 or 1/100 and possibly the f stop to f11 as you are shooting on a fairly wide lens and by doing that you would reduce the ISO considerably hopefully giving you better image quality and reducing any digital noise that yuo may get at ISO1600

Comment

Isn't it a three arch bridge?
              Russell
              Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Muscat thanks for the advice I will try those settings when I go back. I will also try it with the kit lens.

Columbarius it might be I was in a rush so didn't pay much attention to it I will try for a picture from the other side of the river to see if that gives a better angle as there is less trees that side.

Flickr
                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X